- Have you developed symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath?
- Have you returned from overseas in last 14 days?
- Do you think you may have been in close contact with a person that has returned from a country that is moderate to high risk for Coronavirus?
- Do you think you may have been in close contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus?
If “YES” to any of the above, please call our practice on 9238 1710 before booking, we will assist you in further arrangements for your care.
We will provide bulk-billed phone consultation
- if you were diagnosed with coronavirus or placed in isolation on the advice of a national or state hotline or placed in isolation by a fever clinic, a doctor or a nurse. You don’t have to be one of our patients.
- or if you are pregnant, or aged 70 or older, or the parents of children younger than 12 months, those who are being treated for chronic conditions or are immunocompromised, and patients of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent aged older than 50. For these, you must have visited our clinic before in past 12 month.
At this moment, we are unable to collect sample to do Coronavirus test.
There are five Screening/Testing clinics that have been set up at Austin hospital, Alfred hospital, The Royal Melbourne hospital, Box hill hospital and Monash Hospital Clayton respectively.
For the latest government advice on COVID-19, please refer to the following sites:
- The Australian Department of Health advice can be found here.
- The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services advice can be found here.
Government Public Information Hotline: 1800 675 398.